Funding Available for Households to Keep Warm
Funding is available for eligible households under the new Green Jump Surrey project.
£9.2 million has been awarded to the Action Surrey partnership of local authorities to help 900 Surrey households to save money on their energy bills.
The funding is available through central Government's Green Homes Grant scheme and will provide eligible households with up to £10,000 to improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
In addition to the Government’s grant, Surrey County Council is contributing £750,000 to the Green Jump Surrey project as top-up funding to cover the full cost of works up to a value of £15,000.
To be eligible for the funding:
A) your property needs to be considered hard-to-heat, and
B) your household needs to meet one of the following:
- be in receipt of an eligible income related benefit, or
- have a gross annual household income of less than £30,000,
- if you have 2 or more dependent children, have a gross annual household income of less than £35,000, or
- your household income after housing (mortgage) cost is less than £20,000, where your starting gross income is less than £35,000.
Eligible owner-occupied households can use the funding to install a combination of energy efficiency improvements including:
- Cavity wall insulation
- Solid wall insulation
- Park home insulation
- Loft insulation up to the recommended 270 mm including top-ups
- Underfloor Insulation
- Draught proofing
- LED lighting
- Air source heat pump
- Solar photovoltaics
- Solar hot water system
As funding is time limited, if you think you could be eligible, contact us as soon as possible on 0800 783 2503 or complete our online enquiry form to check your eligibility for support. Our phones lines are open Monday - Friday 8 am to 7 pm, excluding bank holidays.
Action Surrey will then guide you through the 4 Step Customer Journey
The associated FAQs are available here.
* Grants are available to those who meet the criteria and currently living within one of the 10 local authorities participating in the Green Jump Surrey project. Grants will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and will be monitored by Action Surrey, who is delivering the project on behalf of the local authorities.
Please click here to review the Privacy Notice for the Green Jump Surrey project.