Green Jump Surrey helps you heat up your home this winter
After much anticipation, the government has provided Action Surrey with funding to help Surrey residents save money on their energy bills through the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery scheme*. Surrey County Council has also contributed funding to top up the government share.
The local project is called ‘Green Jump Surrey’ and covers the installation of certain home energy efficiency improvements.
To be eligible for Green Jump Surrey, residents need to meet the following criteria:
- The property’s Energy Performance Certificate rating must fall within the E, F or G bands, and
- The household must be in receipt of means-tested benefits or have a combined gross income of less than £30,000
Once eligibility has been confirmed, the following measures can be considered, as is relevant to each household.
To prevent heat escaping from your home and keep it warmer, initial improvements include insulation for walls (cavity or solid), lofts (including top-ups) and park homes, and draughtproofing. Additional measures available to further help reduce energy bills include LED lighting and low-carbon heating such as air source heat pumps or solar hot water systems.
For each owner-occupier household, the government will foot the bill for these measures up to £10,000 and Surrey County Council will take care of costs above this up to an additional £5,000.
For social and private housing landlords, funding of up to £5,000 is available to cover two-thirds of the costs of solid wall insulation only.
If you believe you could be eligible for Green Jump Surrey, we urge you to contact Action Surrey as soon as possible. The funding is only available until 31 March 2021, when all works need to have been completed.
You can enter your details directly into the online enquiry form, after which a home energy advisor will be in touch, or you can call 0800 783 2503 to speak to one of the team directly.
* Authorities participating in Green Jump Surrey:
- Elmbridge Borough Council
- Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
- Guildford Borough
- Mole Valley District Council
- Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
- Spelthorne Borough Council
- Surrey County Council
- Surrey Heath Borough Council
- Tandridge District council
- Waverley Borough Council
- Woking Borough Council