APPLICATIONS FOR THIS SCHEME HAVE NOW CLOSED.
The below information on scheme expectations/criteria, FAQs and Privacy Notice remains as reference for those who have applied and are receiving installations.
If you live in an off-gas property, click here to apply for the HUG2 scheme.
The Sustainable Warmth scheme encompasses the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Phase 3 (LAD3) and the Home Upgrade Grant Phase 1 (HUG1).
Funding is available to low-income households, with hard-to-heat properties. Applications for properties with an Energy Performance Rating of E, F or G will be prioritised. Upgrades to EPC D-rated properties will be limited. Upgrades to listed properties will be limited and in some cases may not possible.
To be eligible, the following criteria applies:
- The property’s Energy Performance Certificate must be D, E, F or G rated. Check your EPC rating here. If your property does not have an EPC, this can be carried out as part of the scheme, providing the household meets the income criteria, and
- The household must meet one of the following:
- In receipt of means-tested benefits, or
- Have an annual gross household income below £31,000, or
- Where household income exceeds £31,000, the resultant income after deducting housing costs (mortgage and council tax payments only) is below £20,000.
Owner-occupiers are not expected to contribute towards the cost of works. Upgrades to privately rented properties require a landlord contribution (minimum 1/3 of the cost) and the tenants must meet the income criteria. Please note: The grant cannot be used to make a rented property compliant with minimum energy efficiency standards (MEES).
- Cavity wall insulation
- External wall insulation
- Park home insulation
- Loft insulation, including top-ups
- Underfloor Insulation
- Solar photovoltaics*
- Solar hot water system*
- Air source heat pump*
* Please note that grant conditions require insulation measures to be installed prior to any renewable/low-carbon systems.
We are currently unable to fund: Solar Battery Storage, new loft boarding. We cannot guarantee funding for Solar PV bird protection or roofline extensions for external wall insulation.
You can read about each of the eligible measures; benefits, considerations and funding expectations, in the PDF factsheets in the box to the right of this page.
Our installers are all accredited to the most up-to-date standards. Therefore, subject to survey, the installation of ventilation is likely to be required. This will also be funded and is mandatory for installers to be able to carry out the works.
Funding is time-limited, and installations must be completed by the end of March 2023, so if you believe you are eligible, fill in and return an application form, or contact us as soon as possible on 0800 783 2503 to speak with a friendly advisor.
Our phones lines are open Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays.
We work with trusted and accredited installers, and we will let you know who to expect contact from. If you are suspicious of someone claiming to be from Action Surrey, STOP and check with us first.