Home Upgrade Grant Phase 2 (HUG2)
Please note: This grant is available to properties that are not primarily heated by mains gas.
The Action Surrey partnership of local authorities has been awarded further funding to help off-gas Surrey households save money on energy bills and improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
The Home Upgrade Grant (Phase 2) is available to low-income households with hard-to-heat properties.
To be eligible, both of the following criteria must be met and evidenced:
- The property’s Energy Performance Certificate must be D, E, F or G rated. Check your EPC rating here. If your property does not have an EPC, this can be carried out as part of the scheme, providing the household meets the income criteria below.
- The household must meet one of the following:
- The property is situated in an ‘auto-eligible’ postcode, as indicated above, or
- In receipt of means-tested benefits, or
- Have an annual gross household income below £31,000
If your household income exceeds £31,000 annually, get in touch with us and we can ask you some additional questions to see if you qualify.
Owner-occupiers are not expected to contribute towards the cost of works. Upgrades to privately rented properties require a landlord contribution (minimum ⅓ of the cost) and the tenants must meet the income criteria.
Please note: The grant cannot be used to make a rented property compliant with minimum energy efficiency standards (MEES). Therefore, landlords of privately rented properties with an EPC rated F or G must supply proof of a MEES exemption.
- Cavity wall insulation
- External wall insulation
- Park home insulation*
- Loft insulation, including top-ups
- Underfloor Insulation
- Solar photovoltaics
- Solar hot water system
- Air source heat pump
* Please note that upgrades to park homes are strictly limited and cannot be prioritised.
If you have received funded measures under the previous Sustainable Warmth (HUG1) grant, the measures offered may be restricted.
Please note that grant conditions require a ‘fabric-first’ approach to be adopted, therefore insulation measures will be prioritised before renewables.
Our installers are all accredited to the most up-to-date standards. Therefore, subject to survey, the installation of ventilation is likely to be required. This will also be funded and is non-negotiable.The works cannot be funded without required ventilation being installed.
If you believe you are eligible and wish to complete an application, first check your postcode above. This will let you know what we require to confirm your eligibility.
You can contact the team on 0800 783 2503 or by email at [email protected].
Our phones lines are open Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays.
We work with trusted and accredited installers, and we will let you know who to expect contact from. If you are suspicious of someone claiming to be from Action Surrey, STOP and check with us first.