Action Surrey: Surrey's Low Carbon Community

Call us:

Help for Residents: Financial Support

There is often support available to help residents within Surrey access grants for energy efficiency improvements or to help with fuel costs.

Green Jump Surrey

The Action Surrey partnership has been awarded £6.2 million under the government's Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery scheme to help up to 600 eligibe households to save money on their energy bills.

Full funding is available for eligible households to install a range of home energy efficiency improvements including loft, wall and park home insulation.

To find out more, visit the Green Jump Surrey page or call us on 0800 783 2503.

The Energy Company Obligation 3 (ECO3)

ECO3 is a government energy efficiency scheme to help tackle fuel poverty and help reduce carbon emissions. Medium to larger energy supplier fund the installation of energy efficiency measures in households across Britain.

The Statement of Intent for this scheme is published by Surrey County Council, which can be found here.

If you are a private landlord, please read our news article "Grant Funding for the Private Rented Sector" to find out how you can benefit from ECO funding. 

For more information or to see if you are eligible for funding, contact Action Surrey on 0800 783 2503 or email

Alternatively, fill out our enquiry form online to obtain a survey and no-obligation quote.

Enquire Now

Priority Service Register (PSR)

If you qualify for any of the above payments, you may want to be added to the PSR. PSR is a free service provided by suppliers and network operators to customers in need. To find out more, download the information booklet below.

Priority Service Register (PSR)

Your Local Borough Council

Grants and support are sometimes available from your local Borough or County Council. It may be worth checking with them if you feel you need assistance to pay for essential home improvements.

Alternatively, call Action Surrey on 0800 783 2503, or email and we can contact them on your behlalf. 

Other Financial Support

If you have debts on your fuel bills and are struggling to pay them back, free advice is available from your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau.

There can also be help from energy trusts such as British Gas Energy Trust, EDF Energy Trust or E.on Energy Fund which are open to anyone, regardless of whether you are their customer.
Further help can also come from your own energy supplier or charities such as Charis.

If there are no grants available to you, it is possible to go down the route of a loan to help pay for energy-saving improvements over time. The Parity Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that offers various tailored home improvement loan packages.

 More information on energy saving measures

Our Guide to Saving Energy in Your Home

For More Information

For more information contact Action Surrey on 0800 783 2503 or email

Alternatively, fill out our enquiry form online to obtain a survey and no-obligation quote.

Enquire now